Autumn Approaches
I meant to capture the exact moment the weather changed, but it kind of snuck up on me. First the pool started to feel a little cooler and there was a slight crispness to the air in the early morning. But that is easy to forget when the temperature climbs to 105 during the day. Then, almost overnight, the pool wasn't just a little bit cooler, it dropped to around 85°! It's cool and refreshing and not 95° plus, which is still refreshing when it's 115 outside. That's how I know the nights are cooler now, as well as the early mornings. I came home from school the other day, looking forward to my daily skinny dip, not realizing just how cool the water had gotten even though I swim every day. I dove in and WOW that was refreshing. Rubber ducky thermometer says the water temperature is 79° now. Soon it will be a little too refreshing to skinny dip! And too quickly after that it will be too cold to swim at all. No one is more surprised than I am that I'm sad to see the summer heat go. I just will miss swimming every day.
BUT, that also means the nice weather is just around the corner! Open windows and doors, no air conditioning, fresh breezes, and blooming gardens. That has started already. My Mexican Bird of Paradise plants are leaving with the summer, but the hibiscus, bouganvilla, and palo verde are welcoming the fall.
No comments:
Post a Comment