Saturday, February 21, 2009

Age or dead brain cells?

I have a Facebook account. I started with this recently because one person who told two people, who told people, who told two people... who I went to high school with (both high schools) said they were on there and had found everyone else we went to high school with. And it's true, everyone is on there, and I am now in touch with everyone I ever knew in high school. This is an awesome thing.

However. Apparently I'm at that age that the mind is going (or has gone), and I'm getting messages from people I have no recollection of (yes yes yes, preposition at the end of the sentence, so what?!). None. Zilch. Nada. I don't recognize the name, the picture, the memories... Nothing. WTF? It can't be age yet... right?! Which means I killed a staggering amount of brain cells between high school and now... Staggering. I'm waiting for a light bulb to go on, but I think the bulb is dead.

On an interesting note, if I already had my masters degree in Educational Technology, I could get a job as a business analyst/project manager in the development of, well, educational technology. At a company in D.C. With a "competitive salary." Or, if I had stayed in VA, I could be making $10K more a year as a first year teacher. This isn't the plan, and hasn't been the plan, but it makes me wonder what this means for AZ. For AZ kids, for AZ teachers, for AZ schools... and for me and my future in AZ.

I wonder.

No comments: