Sunday, August 16, 2009

Life

What a long, strange trip it's been. So far. I just got back from Target and Frys and while I was buying stuff I need, I couldn't help but think that I'm just about back to the days of ramen and dollar mac and cheese. There I was going through the aisles thinking to myself "why is food that is bad for you so much cheaper?" And as I prepared for a couple of weeks of beans and PBJ, I walked the aisles of Target wondering if I can use a little less body soap, a little less shampoo, and a lot less tp.

I'm preparing also for the inevitable - I need a roommate. Or two. At this age? Sigh. But yes.

Ah the consequences of our decisions. I sometimes wonder, still, why I left an easy job with a big salary for a hard-as-shit job with a crappy salary. I remember why when I hear "Ms. Grumperini, you're the best teacher in the world." I remember why when I know that somehow, someday, I may make a difference. At least I hope I do/will. I remember why when I feel in my gut that I was supposed to take this path for some reason. I remember why when this path was presented to me and made so easy to take. (Is that last sentence proper grammar??)

Life is strange. I make it stranger and more difficult on myself by not learning certain lessons the first - and sometimes second and third! - time around. Is that just who I am, or me refusing to learn? I don't know. I DO know I've taken the road less traveled by. I'm fairly certain too that Mr. Frost wrote that for me personally.

As he said, way leads onto way. I certainly hope that it will one day make all the difference.

No comments: