Sunday, August 30, 2009

Balance

There are two sides to every issue. How do I do this AND that AND enjoy them AND do them well? All things in moderation. Ah, the curse of the sign of the scales. Balance is an ongoing struggle for me. I'm either all or nothing, and I can't do the in between. It's 100 mph during the week, and crash and burn on the weekends. Or at least on Saturdays. I have come to hate Saturday. Yes, hate. I don't wanna do jack shit on Saturdays, and I end up tortured over this; which makes Saturdays even worse.

Perhaps I should just embrace this idea of doing nothing on Saturdays, make it ok, give myself permission. Perhaps once it's ok, I'll be free to do or not do as I so please without the added weight of blame and shame and the ensuing lethargy. And perhaps without all that lethargy and busy busy blame, I'll actually get something done AND enjoy the day?

I need to try this, this idea of making my zombie day ok. Of course, I'll have to wait a week. I already hated yesterday.

No comments: