Thursday, June 18, 2009

One week to go

Only four more days of teaching summer school after today. We're on to Geometry - which I love - and today we also had the kids make Father's Day cards. One angel said something to the effect of "I'm done and I'm bored." Luckily for him I had put extra practice on simplyifing fractions (which shockingly they can't do because shockingly they can't do multiplication or division, even after several years) on the board. "If you're so bored, get started on those." He was furious. I was undaunted and relentless. He called me a "super villian." I loved it. You can't out-stubborn or out-grumpy me, whatever your age.

Someone once asked me if I wanted to be right and win or if I wanted to be happy. "I'm happy when I'm right and when I win," I replied.

No comments: