Where's Waldo?
Or in this case, where's grumperini? The last week - or has it been two? - has been nuts. Or maybe it just seems so because I lost my voice and had something going every day this past week including interning for 9 hours and visiting my 2nd/3rd graders from last year on Friday for a Día de los Muertos celebration.![]()
Yesterday I took the big test, the Arizona Educator Proficiency Assessment. It's a two parter, and I took the Elementary Education Professional Knowledge and Elementary Education Subject Knowledge tests. Each was four hours long, each had 100 multiple choice questions, and each had essays. I don't like essays, so I won't talk about those so much. The multiple choice questions... what to say about those? I hate them. I suppose test creators want to avoid making a test too easy - I get that - but the answers they devise are so subjective and the questions worded so ambiguously that they end up testing an ability to decode word trickiness rather than professional or content knowledge. At least in my humble, half-Mexican, 43 year old, tired as shit, can't-believe-I'm-going-to-be-a-teacher opinion they do. It was a long long day, and I don't get to find out the results until Dec. 3rd. Ugh. I have my fingers crossed that I passed both so I don't have to take either of them again.
So we're into the final 5 weeks of class. I'll probably be somewhat incommunicado during that time... I do have Veteran's Day off to use as needed; probably a lot of catch up and/or get ahead time. The boys are coming for Thanksgiving again this year... YAY!!
Stay tuned and pray for me. More like sacrifice a goat for me. HA. I swear I become more Pagan every day.![]()
4 comments:
Your test sounds like it was written by the same buffoons who write so many of Jack's texts...
Yes. Standardized tests are a joke. A MEAN joke.
I'm losing my voice now. I've been having fun with phrases like "Dah-ah-ah-ahling - be a doll and get me another case of cigarettes," and "You and New Jersey - beautiful togetha!"
Damn! I shoulda used those last week!
Post a Comment