Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen

Yesterday, after 4 hours of class in which we took notes, did a practice miscue analysis, conducted an interview with the student we will be doing our actual miscue analysis with, choosing new books for the miscue analysis because my student has read everything already, signing up for our shared reading lesson, and reviewing everything that has to be done between now and our last class on 12/6, I asked my teacher: "So has any one's head ever popped off and exploded in the last 8 weeks of class? Because I'm pretty sure mine is going to." She assured me that no one's has, but, again, I'm pretty sure mine is going to. Why? Between now and the date I'm going to call Nirvana, we have to:

  • transcribe our interview
  • conduct and transcribe the miscue session
  • analyze the miscue
  • write and conduct shared reading lesson
  • conduct miscue conference
  • write and conduct 3 reading strategy lessons
  • miscue analysis project Part 1 & Part 2
  • 3 more read alouds, 3 more papers on those read alouds, and an analysis of all 4
  • final exam paper
  • final self assessment
In ONE class. ONE. And that doesn't count all the reading and study guides and other little bits and pieces. THAT'S ONE CLASS.

Now don't you agree that my head just might pop off and explode?!
Combust

p.s. I still have a crush on my professor. It'll only last another 8 weeks or so, but I'm enjoying it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

um...wow

just try not to make a mess...

:-)

Anonymous said...

ditto what Jeff said. If it explodes... try to make it at your house. :)

Anonymous said...

At the risk of piling the last straw onto your "To Do" list, what the holy hell is a "miscue session"?

Grumperini said...

I SO feel the love...

I'll tell ya when it's all over...